1. Combine milk, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Cover and stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
2. Sift flour, mixed spice and cinnamon in a bowl, add butter and use fingers to rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add yeast mixture and egg, combine until dough is sticky. Cover and stand in a warm place for 40 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C, grease a 23cm square slab cake pan or line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Knead dough on a well floured surface until smooth, add NESTLÉ Dark CHOC BITS to the dough and knead until evenly distributed. Divide dough into 16 even sized balls and place into prepared pan. Cover and leave to stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
5. Bake 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool buns top side up on a wire rack.
1. Heat all ingredients in a pan without boiling until gelatine and sugar have dissolved. Brush buns with warm glaze before they are completely cooled. Pipe chocolate crosses on tops of buns with the NESTLÉ Dark Melts.